Why I aughta...

So, the University of Utah and I are fighting. I am trying to get a little financial aid in the way of student loans to pay for my lovely education, but apparently the U doesn't like that idea. During the summer I was at the financial aid office every couple of weeks trying to sort out all of the things that I would need to turn in. You would think that on the first or second visit they might mention something as important as a loan application, right? Wrong. This little bit of knowledge was not brought to my attention until finals week which is pretty much the deadline for turning it in. So I had to meet with a financial counselor to try and get the stupid application in.

Today I go back to see why nothing has gone through for my loans and they kindly inform me that I didn't get the stuff done in time. Well isn't that convenient. Keep in mind that I was planning on using this summer loan to pay for my fall semester because I had paid for the summer semester myself. I told the counselor these plans of mine and she pretty much told me I'm an idiot. I'M SORRY! Am I not supposed to assume that the financial aid people will do their job and make sure they have my stuff ESPECIALLY WHEN I WAS IN THAT STUPID OFFICE EVERY TWO WEEKS FOR THREE MONTHS??? I didn't worry too much about trying to fill out all the crap for a fall loan because I figured that doing all that was in my power would be enough. Apparently not. So, now I have to scramble to figure out how I can come up with a couple thousand dollars in the next couple of weeks. Nice.

U of U, you and I are fighting! And yes, I am bovered.

1 Response to "Why I aughta..."

  1. Stephanie says:

    The financial aid system is the pits! I feel your pain! Good luck

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger