Ride a Bike

Or take the bus.  Why?  Because it will save us all.  Seriously.

Don't get me wrong, I also appreciate cars.  I own (or am in the several-year process of owning) two of them.  They are great for a lot of different things.  For example, it would have been quite difficult and I would likely have looked a bit silly transporting a large piece of furniture that we just acquired on my bicycle.  I also understand that it is not a lot of fun to ride a bike in bad weather.

However, my opinion is that most of us are just plain lazy.  Sorry.  It hurts me just as much as I am sure it hurts you to hear it.  I am lazy.  You are lazy.  And if you truly believe you aren't, please let me know, with accompanying evidence, and I will issue a personal apology to you via this blog.

I say this because not being lazy generally hurts in one form or another and I am a firm believer that no one actually enjoys pain.  (I won't get into any of that freaky stuff.  Just accept my statement as a general assumption.)  However, I am sure that most people like the results that pain often brings after the fact.

But, can't things like riding your bike also be fun?  I submit that they can.  I love riding my bike.  There is a true sense of control and freedom that I get when I ride.  And, if you push hard through the pain to get to the top of the hill, you get to go back down.  Down=fun.  So why don't we make our commute fun by actually being involved in the process?

I found this video on another great blog, and I just love it.  You probably won't, but watch it anyway.  And after you do, find a way to enjoy your commute.




And I will have you know that this video proved last night that I have in fact had some effect on Aimee in the last three years.  When asked if she recognized the sound from this video, she immediately identified it as Phil Liggett, the TDF announcer.  I fell in love all over again.

2 Response to "Ride a Bike"

  1. Corb, i just like you.
    i can't wait to hang at havasupi. i'm nervous for it though.
    why?
    because it's camping. and that always nervous-es me.
    by the way---- have i ever told you how proud i am of you graduating????
    i'm so glad its over, and so excited to see what the next years bring!
    love you boy! glad you joined me and aim's group. ---the group of cool people---

    HA you kill me!! Love reading your posts.... I wish I lived closer to my work I totally would be on my bike!!!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger