The Tides are Changing

At least that is what my newest watch tells me.


But in a metaphorical sense, they are as well.  Already, this year is one that will go in the record books (also metaphorical) for Aimee and I.  I can't really get into all of the things that have been happening quite yet, but I do believe things are looking up.  

One thing I will tell you about is a piece of paper I received in a cardboard envelope: my diploma from the University of Utah.  It is a strange thing that a piece of paper with a stamped-on signature is what holds my place in society.  It is also quite depressing to know that the stamped piece of paper cost me thousands of dollars and four years of "work."  My diploma says nothing about how much I actually know, but people are willing to give me a job based only on the fact that I have one.  It truly is a strange world.

However, I'm not all cynical.  That diploma earned me a much anticipated trip to Havasupai with some of the most pleasant people I know (thanks Aim).  So, in fact, it is good for something.


Keep watching the tides.  I'm sure there are more changes coming.


1 Response to "The Tides are Changing"

  1. Oh yes, we are for sure surfing the new tides, although I am not sure how good I am at it!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger