Holy Moly Oley

Wow!!! Today is just one of those strangely good days. I was driving to work today, which I usually dread and despise, and just had an interesting moment. I couldn't help thinking how fabulous my life is. This is pretty weird considering I have felt totally overwhelmed with everything that is going on.

Oh, don't worry. I'm still stressed to the gills, but overall I've got it pretty good. Of course I still hate my job, I still worry about finals in a week or so and I just plain hate having to worry about money, but it really could be so much worse. I was thinking back to my mission days in the scorching deserts (desserts? I don't know, I always get them mixed up) of Mexico. I saw so much poverty and suffering that it's unreal. Almost no one had a car and I have a great one, two even. I have a real floor in my house. Some of them only made 5 pesos a day. That's less than 5 dollars. Wow. They deal with unclean water, corrupt police and government, sanitation problems, putting bars on their windows so they don't get robbed in the middle of the day, and wondering if their children will ever make it through elementary school before dropping out.

What do I really worry about. I guess my only worry is keeping my wife safe and happy and paying rent and tuition. Its not so bad. As a student I make 20 times more money than they do in a day, I can drink water out of the faucet without worrying about getting a disease, the police work to keep me safe instead of exploiting me, I have never been robbed, and most everyone realizes the importance of education. I really do have it good. Excellent even.

Even if I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up or if I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to pay for school, I know that I have it way better than 90% of the people in this world. What do I really have to complain about? Yeah, I have trials, as does everyone else in the world. But, looking at the situation in other parts of this beautiful planet, mine seem pretty minuscule and petty.

My family is great, I'm healthy, I have the greatest wife in the universe, and I'm just plain happy. What am I complaining about?

I have no idea really.

1 Response to "Holy Moly Oley"

  1. Quick trick- Desserts the tasty kind is stressed spelled backwards... yeah that is what you keep me around for! I am happy you're happy!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger